March 28, 2015
The French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in China, together with the Zhongshan Foreign Affairs Bureau and Delta Bridges, invites you to participate in the Zhongshan European & American Business Forum that will take place on Saturday, March 28th 2015 at the Zhongshan Expo Center and then at the Dasin Convention Center Hotel, both in Zhongshan.
Senior municipal government officials will attend the Forum, including Mr. XUE Xiaofeng (薛晓峰书记), Party Secretary of Zhongshan, Mr. CHEN Liangxian (陈良贤市长), Mayor of Zhongshan and and Mr. YANG Wenlong (杨文龙副市长), Vice Mayor of Zhongshan.
The objective is to connect international business and technology related services providers with the 300 local Zhongshan companies that will attend the Forum.
Activity highlights include: challenges of going global, European businesses in China, and new solutions in the new market.
The Forum is part of a larger event, the Zhongshan Trade and Investment Fair, taking place at the same location and lasting from Saturday, March 28th until Monday, March 30th 2015.
• 8:45 - 9:15: Registration at Holiday Inn Dasin Hotel
• 9:30: Bus departure from Holiday Inn to Zhongshan Expo Center
• 10:00: Opening Ceremony of Zhongshan Trade and Investment Fair
• 11:00: Tour of the Fair
(in particular, VIPs and Gov' officials will visit the 20 booth exhibition area dedicated to the European and American Business Forum)
• 11:45: Bus departure from Zhongshan Expo Center to Holiday Inn • 12:00-14:00: Biz and Gov' Networking Buffet
(2 people invited from each company)
• 14:00-16:00: Zhongshan European and American Business Forum
(3 presentations delivered by selected international service companies)
-14:00 - 14:15: Opening Remarks and presentation by Zhongshan Vice Mayor Yang Wenlong
-14:15 - 14:20: Launching of Zhongshan English Map
-14:20 - 15:10: Part I: Chinese Companies Going Global; Methodologies and Examples
1. DS-Law: Key Legal Issues when Selling Products and when Investing in Europe (15 minutes)
2. Blue Ocean Strategies: Chinese Companies Go Global – Are you Up or Out (15 minutes)
3. Espirit Consultancy: Invest in Europe Case Study 4. Q&A (10 minutes)
- 15:10 - 15:35 Part II: European Business in China—Challenges and Opportunities
1. International Business Recovery Specialist: Challenges and Solutions of European Businesses in China (10 minutes)
2. Star Prototype: Successful Experience of a British Business in Zhongshan (10 minutes)
3. Q&A (5 minutes)
- 15:35 - 16:15 Part III: Embracing the Future—New Solutions and the New Market
1. Soft Young：The Internet of Things and the Smart Home Appliance Industry (15 minutes)
2. SHV: “Blue Sky” and Application of Cleaner Energy in China (8 minutes)
3. Sri Lanka-China Friendship Association: Business Opportunities in Sri Lanka (7 minutes)
4. Q&A (10 minutes)
- 16:15 - 17:00 End of the Forum and Free Networking
You may apply to be one of the 3 speakers, be one of the 20 exhibitors, or simply attend the Forum.
Participation in all cases is free of charge.
While there are no restrictions on who can attend the Forum, the Zhongshan Municipality will select the 3 speakers and the 20 exhibitors among all the applications.
Targeted business scopes:
‣ Companies that have an interest to invest in Zhongshan or that would benefit from the Zhongshan economy in some ways;
‣ Service/technology providers who have a potential desire of setting up a business/branch office in Zhongshan and will work closely with Zhongshan companies;
‣ Trading platform/e-commerce platform providers, especially those who have a strong trading network and want to involve trading partners in Zhongshan;
‣ Overseas investment services providers, consulting companies helping businesses go global, etc.
How to apply to be speaker or exhibitor:
The Zhongshan Municipality will select the 3 speakers among all the applications.
The Zhongshan Municipality will select around 20 exhibitors among all the applications.
Speakers & Exhibitors:
Friday, March 13th 2015
Friday, March 13th 2015
The deadline for providing the detailed registration information; including English and Chinese description, photos, logo, etc. (see the attached RSVP form) is fixed on Friday, March 13th 2015.
However those who will submit all the required information before Friday, March 6th 2015 will benefit from our early bird initiatives including a free booth decoration (worth RMB 2,000) and a complimentary listing in the fair manual.
Those exhibitors providing their information after Friday, March 13th 2015 will have to decorate their booth by themselves on Friday, March 27th 2015 (one day prior to the Forum itself).
Exhibitors will have to staff their booth from Saturday, March 28th 2015 until Monday, March 30th 2015.
If you wish to take part in the Zhongshan European and American Business Forum, please fill in the RSVP form here before Friday, March 6th 2015 or by email here.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP FOR THE ZHONGSHAN EUROPEAN & AMERICAN BUSINESS FORUM
More information here