January 30, 2018
This workshop is designed for managers leading a multicultural team dispersed across geographies. It addresses three intervowen challenges:
• Transverse management
This very hands-on training aims at raising awareness of the specificities of distant teamwork. Participants will explore how the intercultural layer woven into distance and transverse management impact teamwork. They will learn how to adapt their communication and management style to maximize impact and lead the team towards high performance. The workshop will end-up with the design of a personal action plan, under the responsibility of each participant.
WORKSHOP THREE-FOLD OBJECTIVE:
• Understanding needs and workstyles of different cultural groups and building strategies to close the gaps
• Raising awareness of three key success factors of a distant team and putting them into practice
• Adapting one’s management and communication style to virtual collaboration
• Introducing the program, objectives, and timing
• Participants expectations towards the program and experience with the topic
2/ Distant work dynamics and understanding the impact of distance on teamwork
• Developing frequent and deep relationships
• Building trust and team cohesion
• The stages of development of a distant team and how to motivate contributors
• Defining vision, common goals, and ground rules
• How to reduce the perception of distance.
3/ Developing a global mindset
• What is culture? What is our cultural impact onto others?
• Understanding similarities and differences
• How to shift one’s frame of reference and developing cultural intelligence
• Building effective strategies: Making varied cultural styles work effectively together
4/ Successfully managing a distant team and outside contributors
• Creating a safe and effective framework for the team
• Building engagement and understanding for a common vision
• Developing new reflexes when managing distantly – A few tips
• Giving effective feedbacks
5/ Wrap- up: Activity – Implementing a project together in a distant format
6/ Personal action plan, and evaluation
Highly engaging with many practical exercices, anecdotes, and games with theoritical inputs drawn from research and experience.
Facilitation language: English
PPT language: English
Duration: One day - 9:00 am-6:00 pm including one hour for lunch
Number of participants: Maximum 12
Ms. Sylvie Tournier
Senior Consultant, Trainer, and Coach
MBA University of Connecticut, USA
CTI co-active coaching certificate
Sylvie is an enthusiastic Mandarin speaking consultant specializing in cross-cultural communication, management, and leadership with 20 years of business experience in global environments. She has worked in her career with managers from over 40 nationalities.
She consults, trains, and coaches for global companies across activity sectors. She is passionate about helping managers and leaders meet their challenges and contributing to increase the company’s overall performance. She accompanies many young western leaders dealing with China and young Chinese leaders dealing with the West. She finally teaches at ESSEC business school continuous education
She moved to China 2005-2008, managing teams and leading business activities in Shanghai. She has also lived and worked in France, USA, and Germany. She currently resides by Paris, France, traveling to other parts of Europe and China on a regular basis.
Date: Tuesday 30th of January 2017
Time: From 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Venue: CCI France Chine Shanghai
CCI France Chine's Members: RMB 2935
CCI France Chine's non-Members: RMB 3522
To attend this Training, please complete the following registration form. A confirmation email will be sent to you in the upcoming days.