September 01, 2017
- Raise awareness of different cultural patterns in the workplace including participants’ own cultures.
- Understand Chinese culture and its impact on business and management.
- Help participants see culturally-based patterns of communication and interaction.
- Discuss methods for avoiding misunderstanding and practice using effective responses.
- Learn a model to effectively develop cross-cultural competence/skill
- Enhance communication between expatriate managers and their local Chinese colleagues and
- Understand how to develop trusted relationship with the Chinese both internally and externally
- Enhance expatriates’ leadership effectiveness in China, in term of communicating with Chinese,
leading team, and driving result.
Who should attend:
If you are a foreign expatriate who would like to better understand how Chinese culture is influencing your work, this course is for you.
1.Understanding Culture, Chinese Cultural Beliefs and Values
- A brief history of China with emphasis after 1840
- Culture and its impact on global business and the workplace
- A model to develop cross-cultural competence
- What shapes Chinese cultural beliefs and values?
- Chinese cultural impact on Chinese society
- Key Values that impact Chinese business and management practices
- A model to compare your culture with Chinese culture
- Debrief assessment profile and understanding different cultural dimensions
2. Cultural Applications in Leading and Managing Effectively with Chinese
- Understanding the Chinese leadership style
- Understanding the Chinese decision making process
- Chinese conflict resolution style
- Apply Chinese Cultural Insight to Enhance Leadership Effectiveness
- How to motivate Chinese
- How to develop trusted relationship with Chinese
- How to communicate effectively with Chinese
- How to lead Chinese team
- How to drive result in China
Donny HUANG is founding managing partner of 4stones Cross-Cultural Consulting Group, a leading cross-cultural management and global leadership development firm in China.
Donny truly understands the cultural differences that shape global business and leadership behaviors. As a consultant and executive coach, he has served large Chinese national corporations Lenovo, Huawei Technology, ZTE Corporation as well as multinationals, Singapore Airline, Nike, the World Bank, UBS, Microsoft, Dell, Areva, etc.
Donny started his career with Standard Chartered Bank. Following his MBA, Donny moved on to serve as International Operations Supervisor and Representative for Allied Domecq Retailing International, the parent company of Baskin-Robbins and Dunkin’ Donuts. He was VP at Datahouse, an established Honolulu-based management and technology consulting company and thereafter Managing Director of Pilot Marketing Management Consulting Co. Prior to founding 4stones, Donny was Vice President, Sales & Marketing for a Canadian public-traded company.
Donny has taught Intercultural Communications/management in several US and China Universities such as Peking University, University of International Business and Economics- Beijing (UIBE). He is constantly invited to speak in international conferences, such as Conference Board’s Leadership Forum, Horasis European-China Business Conference, etc. Donny is certified to use Hogan Assessment and Thunderbird Global Mindset Inventory.
Donny Huang is frequently quoted in and publishes over 30 articles in the Chinese business press, as well as contributing to “Managing Cultural Difference” (Six Edition) by Dr. Robert Moran, and a book chapter in 2010 Pfeiffer Leadership Development Annual book and coauthored a book titled Global Mindset Leadership in 2015. He holds an MBA in International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona, USA, and did graduate work on Cultures and Leadership at the East-West Center in Hawaii.
Donny was Vice Chair-Asia for Thunderbird Global Council, and committee member of 2005 Committee, an elite Chinese returnees group.
Sep 1, 2017
The Office Park, Tower AB, 6th Floor No.10 Jintongxi Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
北京市金桐西路10号 远洋光华国际 AB座6层
3210 RMB / Members
3745 RMB / Non members
* Price including 6.72 % VAT, includes course materials.
Minimum number of attendees:
Certificate of Completion is provided.
You need more information about our trainings in Beijing? Please contact us:
Tel: (010) 6461 0260
In order to participate in this training, please register before August 31 at 15:00. To register, fill in the form below:
La date limite de l'événement est passée