January 25, 2018
This workshop is designed for young Chinese professionals accessing for the first time a management position with team responsibility within an international company and is conceived over two modules separated by an in-between, application period. The first module is an introduction to the topic aimed at getting participants quickly to the job. The second one focuses on assessing progress and deepening the knowledge.
The originality of the program lies in the fact that while rooted in the Chinese culture and applying western leadership as well as management theories, it will also use other practical breathing and movement-based techniques to heighten effectiveness. It will be facilitated in a coaching mode.
Participants will learn how to adopt the right posture when leading their new team as well as when interacting with Western top managers. They will discover how to lead their members towards performance, they will also practice to unleash their own potential. Participants will design their own action plan at the end of each module.
• Developing crediblity when interacting with Western top managers
• Further developing personal leadership
• Improving communication skills to increase impact and motivation
• Learning and applying team dynamics with focus on results
Facilitation style：Highly engaging with many practical exercices followed by a debriefing session
Facilitation language: English and Chinese
PPT language: English
Duration: 9:00 am-5:30 pm including one hour for lunch
Number of participants:Up to 10
• Introducing the program, its objectives, agenda, and timing
• Participants expectations towards the program
2/ Debriefing the application period within the company
• Reviewing key concepts learned in module 1*
• What has worked? What needs to be further developed? The group will share changes experienced and best practices.
* New participants to the workshop will be fully included in the program and can participate in module 1 later on
3/ Deepening your leadership skills - Focus on you
• One specific exercise based on the outcome of the group’s feedbacks and specific needs (Setting limits, delegation, SMART goals etc.)
• Understanding the roles of emotions and managing them efficiently
• Fostering trust
4/ Coaching as a performance management tool to empower your teams
• Exploring individual coaching techniques as a way to understand and guide team members, but also to increase harmony between the manager and team members
• Building an individual improvement plan
• Practising active listening and questioning techniques, applying them to real business situations (such as organizing an appraisal meeting or leading a project)
5/ Communicating with impact
• Speaking with impact with Western top managers
• Increasing your repertoire and speaking with ease
6/ Wrap-up and filling out a personal action plan with key steps to success
Date: Thursday, 25th, January 2018
Time: From 9 AM to 5:30 PM
Participants : up to 10
CCI France Chine Member: RMB 2935*
Non-member: RMB 3522*
*including courses material, coffee break & lunch
*including 6.72% V. A. T.
Sylvie Tournier 席乐薇
Sylvie is an enthusiastic Mandarin speaking consultant specializing in cross-cultural communication, management, and leadership with 20 years of business experience in global environments. She has worked in her career with managers from over 40 nationalities.
She consults, trains, and coaches for global companies across activity sectors. She is passionate about helping managers and leaders meet their challenges and contributing to increase the company’s overall performance. She accompanies many young western leaders dealing with China and young Chinese leaders dealing with the West. She finally teaches at ESSEC business school continuous education.
She moved to China 2005-2008, managing teams and leading business activities in Shanghai. She has also lived and worked in France, USA, and Germany. She currently resides by Paris, France, traveling to other parts of Europe and China on a regular basis.
To attend this Training, please complete the following registration form. A confirmation email will be sent to you in the upcoming days.