September 20, 2017
This one day training “Finance and Accounting for the Non-Financial Manager” teaches the basics of financial reports, as well as the fundamentals of business valuation and the creation of shareholder value. The course begins by describing the accounting process and the creation of financial statements. After understanding the basics of the financial statements, participants will be explained how financial statements reveal the company’s operations and finance truth behind the data. In the last part of the session, participants will become familiar with the understanding and use of financial accounting information in capital investment decisions.
Knowing how to read financial statements is a great asset in analyzing business opportunities, assessing financial risks, communicating, and dealing with the real business situations.
The training is based on case studies in order for participants to become familiar with the basic guidance behind Finance and Accounting and the preparation of the three main financial statements, Balance sheet, Profit and loss account and Cash flow statement. It includes too the analysis of the main items of the annual report of a listed company.
Who should attend:
General Managers, Directors, Top Executives and Experienced Managers, Business Managers, Department Heads & Managers
Sales & Marketing Managers, Investment Professionals
Accountants, Corporate Treasury Managers
Any staff with a non-financial background looking to learn the fundamentals of finance
- Breakthrough the language of finance
- Understanding the basic accounting model and its limitations
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements within the context of industry analysis and macroeconomic fundamentals
- Mastering forecasting techniques
- Providing rigorous tools and approaches to measure the effectiveness of expenditures
- Clarifying financial statements and their relationship to strategic decisions
- Communicating more effectively with financial managers and accountants
- Understanding different valuation techniques and respective benchmarks
0. Introduction to the course
1. Accounting : the Language of Finance and Management
2. Demystifying Financial Statements
3. Analysis of Financial Statement—where to find useful information?
4. Making Financial Decision
5. Study of the annual report of a listed company
6. Accounting Creates Value
7. Capital Investment decision
François has more than 35 years experience in providing audit services and due diligence assistance to multinationals of different industries including manufacturing companies. François started to work in China in January 1995 when his firm RSM Salustro Reydel established a Representative office. In 2000, RSM Salustro Reydel entered into a joint venture with a Chinese CPA firm. In 2005 his firm joined KPMG France and François was seconded to KPMG China as Partner until end of 2008. In February 2009, Francois launched FJA & Partners. Initially, the company did focus on financial and risk management services. In 2010, based on corporations request for training, FJA & Partners started a new business line dedicated to training in Finance and related matters. François was appointed in April 2015 by the Executive Office of RSM International member of the RSM Global team in China to advise, exchange and develop mutual understanding and business opportunities with the Chinese representative, largest Chinese CPA firm, of RSM Global in China.
Graduated from ESSEC Business School (France), François has a Master’s degree in Business Law from Paris II Panthéon Assas University (France). Before coming to China permanently François had been in charge of the financial audit course in his Business school (MBA program) for eight years. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.
September 20, 2017
9:00 - 17:30
2200 RMB / Members
3300 RMB / Non members
* Price including 6.72 % VAT, includes course materials.
Minimum number of attendees:
Certificate of Completion is provided.
European Chamber Beijing Chapter, 4th Floor, Office C411A, Lufthansa Centre,
No. 50 Liangmaqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
You need more information about our trainings in Beijing? Please contact us:
Tel: (010) 6461 0260
In order to participate in this training, please register before September 19 at 15:00. To register, fill in the form below:
La date limite de l'événement est passée