April 10, 2017
- Develop an international mindset
- Understand the why behind the behaviors of members of other cultures
- Develop behavioral and communication strategies to deal efficiently with different workstyles
- Increase collaboration and cooperation with colleagues and counterparts across cultures
Who should attend?
Any Chinese or foreign manager or employee who wants to improve the results of their interactions with clients or colleagues from different cultures.
1. Understand cultural differences and how we have all been conditioned in a different way
- From stereotypes to prototypes
- What makes us similar and what makes us different
- Comparing French, American, Japanese, and Chinese mindests and French, American, Japanese, and Chinese core values
2. Measure the impact of one’s own cultural style onto other cultures
- GlobeSmart® five dimensions
- How does the relationship to time play out in different cultures
- Perceptions and interpretation of our behaviors by other cultures
- Getting out of one’s comfort zone – Putting oneself in someone else’s shoes
3. Develop cross-cultural competences
- Designing communication and behevioral strategies for efficient collaboration in projects
- Adapting one’s natural style to the necessity of the situation
- Prevent and manage potential conflicts
4. Create a trust atmosphere
- Develop curiosity and understanding
- Ensure clear and respectful communication – Understand the intention and content of messages
- Anticipate blocking points
5. Adapt one’s own workstyle
- Working together towards a common objective
- Optimize differences and maximize synergies
Sylvie is a Mandarin speaking consultant specializing in cross-cultural communication, management, and leadership with 20 years of business experience in global environments. She has been working with over 40 nationalities and speaks fluently four languages (French, English, Chinese, and German).
After 13 years of experience in the telecommunication industry, she transforms her long-standing passion for the Chinese culture and mindset into professional expertise. She moved to China 2005- 2008, holding managerial positions in Shandong province and in Shanghai.
She currently resides in Paris, France, traveling to other parts of Europe and China on a regular basis. A few references of past and present corporate customers:
Accenture, Atos, Bayer (Germany), Bombardier, EDF, Eram, ESSEC Business School, Europ-
Assistance, Imérys, Ipsen (France and China), Limagrain (North and Central America, at a distance),
Metro (Germany), Novartis (Switzerland and Japan at a distance), Sanofi, Saint-Gobain, Schneider Electric, Schott, Swiss Export (Switzerland), Valeo (France and China), Volkswagen…
Suites 201-222, 2F, Building 81, No.4 Gongti North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
2600 RMB / Members
3300 RMB / Non members
* Price including 6.72 % VAT, includes course materials.
Minimum number of attendees:
Certificate of Completion is provided.
You need more information about our trainings in Beijing? Please contact us:
Tel: (010) 6461 0260
In order to participate in this training, please register before September 19 at 15:00. To register, fill in the form below:
La date limite de l'événement est passée