June 07, 2018
• Develop a deep insight into both the French and Chinese business cultures and values that have a direct impact on behaviors and expectations
• Decode the economic and professional context of our foreign counterparts so as to best adapt our behaviors and work methods
• Increase impact when communicating in the workplace with the other culture
• Increase collaboration and cooperation with colleagues and counterparts of the other culture
1. Participants specific work context and expectations for the day
2. Understanding cultural differences and how we have all been conditioned in a different way
• From stereotypes to prototypes – Your own expectations towards the other culture
• What is my natural style? How does it impact the other culture?
• Comparing French and Chinese mindests and discovering core values in both cultures
• Language issues: How to maximize reciprocal understanding
3. Establishing credibility and building rapport in French and Chinese cultures
• Greetings and introductions
• The manager / employee relationship in France and in China – Expectations from managers and from employees
in both countries. How to brige the gaps
• The French and Chinese communication styles – Presenting projects, making effective
• presentations, and giving feedbacks for improvement
4. Adapting one’s own workstyle
• The perception of time in both cultures: How does it apply in the workplace?
• Meetings and decision-making styles in France and in China – What to expect? How to behave?
• Introducing change – What are the effective methods in the French and Chinese cultures?
• Continuing the relationshp at a distance – Tips for writing an efficient email to a French / to a Chinese counterpart
• Solving problems in French and Chinese business cultures and finding solutions
5. Wrap-up and conclusion
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is designed for professionals –Chinese, French nationals, or participants of any nationality-- who want to increase their work efficiency and quality of collaboration when dealing face-to-face but also at a distance with French/Chinese colleagues and clients. We will focus on developing self-awareness and discover how our own workstyle impacts both colleagues and counterparts from French/Chinese cultures.
We will focus in the workshop on specific work situations.
Senior Consultant, Trainer, and Coach
Sylvie is an enthusiastic Mandarin speaking consultant specializing in cross-cultural communication, management, and leadership with 20 years of business experience in global environments. She has worked in her career with managers from over 40 nationalities.
She consults, trains, and coaches for global companies across activity sectors. She is passionate about helping managers and leaders meet their challenges and contributing to increase the company’s overall performance. She accompanies many western managers dealing with China and Chinese leaders dealing with the the Fr ench. She finally teaches at ESSEC business school continuous education.
She moved to China 2005-2008, managing teams and leading business activities in Shanghai. She has also lived and worked in France, USA, and Germany. She finally speaks fluently four languages (French, her mother tongue, English, Chinese, and German). She currently resides by Paris, France, traveling to other parts of Europe and to China three times a year.
Date: Thursday 7th of June 2018
Time: From 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Venue: CCI FRANCE CHINE Beijing Office
Certificate: Certificate of Completion is provided.
CCI France Chine's Members: RMB 2600
CCI France Chine's non-Members: RMB 3000
(Fee includes lectures and course materials.)
To attend this training, please complete the following registration form. A confirmation email will be sent to you in the upcoming days.
La date limite de l'événement est passée