April 20, 2017
The objective is to build the required skills to write 1 page to 4 page reports so as to allow readers to clearly understand the report content. This is achieved by learning report structure, types of reports, logical report writing and common report writing language.
- Writing and improving the quality of business reports
- Compiling reports to ensure that content and format are appropriate
- Determining the focus of the report – deciding on correct content
- How to select format and structure to meet the readers needs
- Ensuring that the document sequence is logical and meaningful
- Presenting information differently: text, graphs, tables, and diagrams
- Organising and structuring a technical text appropriately
- Presenting the same information in different ways
Who should attend?
Staff who are expected to write reports for sales, customers, finance, meetings and regular internal reporting
- Types of business reports
- The purpose of business reports
- The skills needed to write business reports
- Designing the structure - beginning, middle, end
- The format of a report
- The importance of attractive presentation in a report
- The main sections of a report
- Report writing practice
- Writing the introduction
- Writing the body of a report
- Writing meaningful conclusions & recommendations
- Writing an effective executive summary
3. Making your message clear
- Short sentences
- Long sentences
- Paragraphing properly
- KISS – Keep it short and simple!
4. Set action objectives
- Action versus passive
- Writing action objectives
- Delivering the right message (structure)
During his 18 years based in China, Alistair has trained thousands of executives and staff around Asia and in China. He is the Managing Director of IPS and a certified facilitator of the Strength Deployment Inventory (SD I) focusing on improving relationships through increased understanding and effective personal and professional communication. He has managed international teams and is now sharing his knowledge to develop interpersonal skills, and leadership, while also working with organizational leaders to improve stakeholder communication and service. Alistair is a clear analytical thinker and creative facilitator and coach with proven interpersonal skills to contribute successfully in developing the skills of others.
Suites 201-222, 2F, Building 81, No.4 Gongti North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
2200 RMB / Members
2500 RMB / Non members
* Price including 6.72 % VAT, includes course materials.
Minimum number of attendees:
Certificate of Completion is provided.
You need more information about our trainings in Beijing? Please contact us:
Tel: (010) 6461 0260
In order to participate in this training, please register before September 19 at 15:00. To register, fill in the form below:
La date limite de l'événement est passée